VCI-400 Special Edition
premium 4 channel DJ controller for Traktor, designed with Ean Golden
The Vestax VCI-400 Special Edition is our high end 4 channel dj controller engineered for high performance djing in Traktor.
- labels Match mapping by Ean Golden
- Chroma Caps come FREE with every unit
- 2 channels stand-alone mixer
- Custom DJTT jog effects
- Highly responsive soft touch buttons
- Milled large aluminum blue filter knobs
- Premium low latency high resolution 24bit/48kHz soundcard
- Dual core digital processor
DJTT is the only place to buy a VCI-400 Special Edition. We provide:
March 3, 2014
October 18, 2013
September 14, 2013
Mauricio Vergara Ereche
July 1, 2013
June 20, 2013
The VCI-400 features Exclusive to DJ TechTools
The 400 sports a completely custom design including matte black paint, glossy highlights and DJTT’s signature blue-colored filters. These are hands-down the sexiest DJ controllers we have ever been involved with. The sturdy metal chassis makes this feel like a true professional piece of kit. The labels for functions like EQ are in a subtle gray, creating a very clean look, while the performance sections pop out with a glossy black background.
Each VCI-400SE has been retro-fitted with matte black DJ TechTools Chroma Caps!
We have taken the best elements of our mappings for the VCI-100SE, the S4, and the Midi Fighter and combined them into one interface. This mapping relies on the DJTT firmware that's only available in the Ean Golden Edition. Features of the mapping include:
Dedicated 2 X 4 Grid with four different performance functions
- 8 Step Slicer functionality (similar to the Twitch controller)
- 8 button Instant Gratification page
- 8 Cue points
- A GRID layer allows you to slice up loops into glitch patterns on the fly.
Loop Deck Control Options
- Four dedicated Loop Mute buttons in the transport section. Mute individual parts and play a loop deck just like a single track.
- Dedicated Loop Deck section in the FX area with mute, volume, filter and triggers for each loop slot.
Additional Mapping Features
- Unique Record section that easily records parts from a song with one press.
- S4-style Loop section with encoders for loop set, length and move
Variable Transport Section
- 4 Cue Points
- 4 Loop Deck Play/Mute controls
- 4 Jog FX presets
We designed our own custom firmware for Traktor Pro 2. It allows for:
- Special load buttons that allow you to load groups of loops into a loop deck
- A performance Grid section that allows you to jump in realtime between 8 slices of the current phrase
- Jog FX feedback into the Jog Wheel LEDs
- Improved lighting scheme on all buttons that allows clear reference between modes
* Please note since we optimized the firmware on the controller for Traktor Pro 2, many of the default mappings for other programs won't fully work. This controller is intended to be used with Traktor Pro. If you want to use it with other software you will be required to do some mapping on your own.
- Mic input (XLR or 1/4" combo jack) x 2
- Line input (RCA Stereo) x 2
- Master Output: XLR x 2,、1/4" x 2
- Headphone output x 1
- Crossfader curve control x 1
- USB 2.0 port (Bus power not supported）
- Power: DC 7.5V / 1000mA (Power adapter included)
- Dimensions: 457(W)×328(D)×61(H)mm (Including knobs)
- Weight: 4.5 kg / 10lbs
- Windows® XP (latest Service Pack, 32 Bit), Vista®/Windows 7® (latest Service Pack, 32/64 Bit) & Windows 8 (http://help.vestax.co.jp/en/detail.php?id=422&id_page_url=362)
- Intel Core Duo 1.4GHz or more (VCI-400 does not support Intel Celeron, ATOM and AMD processors)
- Mac OS X® 10.6 or higher, Intel® Core™Duo 1.66 GHz, 2 GB RAM
- USB 2.0 port, DVD drive
Please note that since this is our customized version of the VCI-400 it does not come with Virtual DJ LE or the optional faceplates
Bundle VCI-400 Special Edition with other products to get huge discounts.
Here are the steps you should follow to get started:
- Our VCI-400 was designed to be used with Traktor Pro 2. If you don't already have Traktor Pro 2 you can buy it here
- We made a setup video here
- Check out our mapping expert, Chris, break down all the functions of your new controller here
- If you want to use your 400 alongside another controller check out this article here.
- Talk about your VCI-400 with other users