Mad Zach's Ultimate Sound Pack Tutorial
The ultimate 1 hour tutorial on how to create your own dynamic sound packs
Have you been an avid follower of Mad Zach's soundpacks? If so, you know how fun these 4X4 grid playgrounds can be. Anyone with Ableton Live and a little creativity can make their own sound pack by following this extensive one hour tutorial.
This One Hour Course Includes 6 Lessons:
- Building Great Dynamic Drums from Scratch
- Creating Mood Elements from Sample sources
- Engineering Melodies without many buttons
- Risers 101: Creating Builds To Fit The Pack
- Bass Face: Addressing The Modern Sub
- Trippy Sounds: The Sounds, The Magic
Chef Of Def
March 31, 2015
December 6, 2013
November 28, 2013
November 1, 2013
October 6, 2013
Why do people absolutely love the new soundpacks?
They are fun, easy to play and make music production musical!
"Dude. Wow. I can't thank you enough! I bought all of your packs from DJTT, your programming is incredible." - Ill Gates
This one hour course takes you through six in-depth lessons on creating all the elements in a sound pack including:
- Sourcing creative sounds
- Laying them out on a grid
- Mixing and matching melody
- Sample editing
By the end of the course, you will be able to play a full song using only a sound pack and your buttons of choice.
In total, the tutorial includes six distinct lessons:
- Crafting the Beat: techniques for creating more dynamic drums for live performance - from scratch!
- Setting The Mood: creating pads and atmospheres, including starting from a vinyl sample and turning it into emotionally driven sounds that will act as the hook and set the vibe of the track.
- Melody of One: one note melodies re-envisioned, which can be easily played using one button while still remaining expressive and diverse
- Risers 101: Creating Builds To Fit The Pack: creating interesting risers out of samples you already have on hand for buildups, breakdowns, transitions, and more.
- Bass Face: Addressing The Modern Sub: How to use MIDI clips, modifiers, and clever patching to create a dope bassline that can be played live
- GTFO: The Sounds, The Magic - adding flair to a performance soundpack, including making cool sounds using the simple delay, and recording some vocal samples that take the pack up a notch.
BUY NOW AND STREAM IT FOREVER
This product is delivered as a streaming video and includes:
- unlimited streaming of each lesson, as many times as you want, forever.
- all of the sounds used to craft the pack
- the complete Ableton template
along the way, you are going to learn a lot of powerful Ableton production techniques including:
- creative sample manipulation
- mixing and mastering for live performance, including sidechain compression, compression, EQ, and more
- pitch, filter, and volume envelopes
- non-retriggering LFO's
- granular looping and modulation
- layering in instrument racks
- fx bussing and drumrack routing
- workflow and strategy
- modifiers and sound layout
- proper and creative use of delays and other FX
- vocal processing
To watch the video go to the store here
Then click on Account & Help at the top right and sign in
Click on your username at the top right and go to “your profile”
Then click on the video tab