Music starts with an idea. Maybe it’s a melody you’re playing, a vocal you want to record, a drum break you want to chop, or a sound on a synth. No matter how you like to begin, Live helps you get the music in your head out of your speakers.
You can adapt Live to suit your own unique needs and extend it to the world around you. Live can be tweaked to do almost anything you can imagine.
Live provides the perfect environment for on-stage improvisation and hands-on play with your music. You can adapt and customize the way Live works to fit your performance, not the other way around.
- Multitrack Audio recording and MIDI sequencing of software and hardware instruments
- Unique Session View for nonlinear composition, flexible performance and improvisation
- Real-time warping of audio: automatically sync music and loops, regardless of tempo
- MIDI-mappable controls for hands-on creation onstage or in the studio – plus automatic mapping for popular hardware controllers
- Audio to MIDI conversion tools: extract harmony, melody or drums from an audio sample and convert it into MIDI.
- Comprehensive selection of built-in audio effects for creative sound design, mixing or mastering
- Advanced sampling and slicing tools
- VST and Audio Unit support
- Groove engine to apply swing to audio or MIDI, or extract rhythmic ‘feel’ of other audio files
- Video import and export for scoring to video or warping video to music
Instruments, Effects & Sounds:
- 3 instruments: Simpler, Impulse and Drum Rack – plus Instrument Racks and the External Instrument device
- 42 audio and MIDI effects
- 1800+ sounds
- 10+GB of loops and samples
Tech Features & Compatibility:
- Nondestructive editing with unlimited undo
- Multitrack recording up to 32-bit/192 kHz
- Automatic plug-in delay compensation
- Link technology integration
- MIDI remote control instant mapping
- MIDI output to hardware synths
- MIDI Clock/sync
- ReWire support
- Multicore/multiprocessor support
- WAV, AIFF, MP3, Ogg Vorbis, FLAC file support
- Ableton Link integration
- Unlimited Audio and MIDI tracks
- Unlimited Scenes
- 12 Send and return tracks
- 256 Audio inputs, 256 outputs
- Rex file support
- POW-r dithering
- Groove Pool and extract groove
Why DJ TechTools?
Downloads & Support
This product may only be downloaded from the manufacturer's website. You'll receive an email within the following 1 business day after you place your order with the license code to complete your order. Orders placed on weekends or holidays are processed the next business day.