Dual 96 kHz/24-bit sound cards are built into the mixer, with a 32-bit D/A converter and improved digital out to really give the best possible sound for high-end CDJs. FLAC and ALAC support included on players so your mixes sound full on the dance-floor.
DJM-900NXS2 now boasts the most complete on-board FX section of any mixer with enhancements to the Sound Colour FX section, Beat FX and the all new independent Send/Return and choose which frequency range you want to apply FX to.
The Nexus 2 gear has become the accepted industry standard deck in DJ booths around the world - from Boiler Room to Fabric to Space, this is what many professional DJs are using to craft mixes that get heard by millions.
CDJ-2000 NEXUS VS. NEW CDJ-2000 NEXUS-2
- Better Sound: A 96 kHz/24-bit sound card is built into the unit, with a 32-bit D/A converter and improved digital out to really give the best possible sound for this high-end CDJ. They’ve even separated the power supply to reduce noise issues.
- Better Sound File Support: FLAC and ALAC support, at last!
- Color Touch Screen: a 7-inch touch screen like on the XDJ-1000s. You can use it to trigger a new track filter mod to filter by metadata, type in a search on the QWERTY keyboard, and more.
- 8 Color Coded Hot Cues: They’ve increased the Hot Cue section to four buttons (two banks) and color-coded them to match what you have set up in Rekordbox. They can also be named in Rekordbox!
- MIDI control: Finally the DDJ-SP1 has a use in a pro setup – it can be connected to a CDJ setup to control up to 4 CDJ-2000NXS2s with Pro DJ Link activated. This means quicker cue, loop, slip, and browsing – and MUCH BETTER pads to play cue points with than CDJ users have ever had. Now all we need is Midi Fighter support…..
- Fractional Quantize: allowing you to change what level of beat quantization you use – between 1/8, 1/4, 1/2
- Pro DJ Link Update: An improved Phase Meter with two modes, beatgrids now accurate to the microsecond, and a quantized beat jump. The press release only mentions beat jump for 1 beat forward or backward – we’re hoping this isn’t the case and that 4/8/16/32 are also options.
- Rekordbox DJ HID control: coming soon
- 3 position playback lever: Slip Reverse, Forward, Reverse
- Simplified Pro DJ Link Connection: Plug a single USB cable into the setup and you can access all of the CDJs and mixers.
DJM-900 NEXUS VS NEW CDJ-900 NEXUS-2
- Better onboard digital sound: a 64-bit mixing processor, enhanced dithering technology, and a low-jitter clock – all deliver a warm, natural analog sound. There’s a 96 kHz/24-bit sound card and direct digital connection, as well as a new power supply designed to eliminate noise.
- Improved analog input: Pioneer has a new phono amp circuit, plus a new signal GND terminal to easily attach ground wires from analog turntables.
- EQ, Fader, Clip control improvements: Improved channel fader curves: the three curves have been fine-tuned for more precision and control, while the EQ curves now have more precision across the highs, mids and lows. There’s a more accurate clip indicator, paired with a redesigned gain structure ensures meters don’t go into the red too early.
- An independent Send/Return FX loop – you no longer need to use up Beat FX to send and return an external effector. This makes a lot of sense when using something like the RMX series. Can be used with 1/4″ jacks or via USB, and brought back into the mixer as insert FX or as AUX input. InterApp support means you can use FX/Instrument apps on your iPad – for example the virtual RMX-1000 app.
- 6 Sound Color FX: New Sweep: replaces Gate/Comp. A new parameter knob alters different parameters for each effect, and the Sound Color FX have bigger knobs for more fine control.
- 14 Beat FX: New FX: Ping Pong, Vinyl Brake, Helix, Pitch, improved Reverb; Bigger X-Pad with OLED screen.
- Beat FX Applied To Low/Mid/Highs: three buttons allow you to select what frequency range to apply these effects to.
- New I/O: Two USB ports, 4 Phono Inputs (meaning there will be no DJM-900SRT2), and DVS support
- Better build quality: The new Magvel Fader (as seen on the DJM-S9 mixer) is a highly responsive magnetic crossfader designed for smooth operation and superb durability. There’s also Gold-plated RCAs on the rear of the mixer.
- 2 headphone plugs: ¼-inch stereo jack and 3.5mm MiniPin
Frequency range: 4Hz - 40kHz
Signal-to-Noise Ratio: 115dB or higher
- Total Harmonic Distortion: 0.0018% or less
DSP: 64 bit
Frequency Range: 20 - 40,000 Hz
Sampling Rate: 96 kHz
A/D Converter: 24 bit
D/A Converter: 32 bit
S/N Ratio Line: 105 dB
S/N Ratio Phono: 88 dB
S/N Ratio Mic: 79 dB
- Distortion: < 0.005 % (LINE)
USB Ports: USB-A port x1, USB-B port x1
Audio Output Ports: AUDIO OUT(RCA)×1, DIGITAL OUT (COAXIAL)×1
- Other Ports: LAN (100Base-TX)×1
USB Ports: 2 USB B + 1 USB A ports
Inputs: 4 Digital (Coaxial), 4 CD/LINE (Gold Plated RCA), 4 PHONO (Gold Plated RCA) & 2 MIC (XLR/TRS Jack Combo, 1/4 inch TRS Jack)
Outputs: 2 MASTER (XLR, Gold Plated RCA), 1 BOOTH (1/4 inch TRS Jack), 1 HEADPHONE MONITOR (1/4 inch Jack), 1 REC (Gold Plated RCA) & 1 Digital (Coaxial)
Send/Return: 1 SEND (1/4-inch TS jack) & 1 RETURN (1/4-inch TS jack)
LAN: 1 port
Power + Size + Weight:
Power Supply to Use: AC 110-240V 50/60 Hz
Dimensions: 12.6” x 16.3” x 4.5”(W x D x H in inches)
Weight: 12.6 lbs
Power Supply to Use: AC 110-240V 50/60 Hz
Dimensions: 13.11” x 16.3” x 4.5”(W x D x H in inches)
Weight: 17.6 lbs